Zoom! In-Office Whitening
How the Zoom! In-Office Whitening System Works
Below is a step-by-step description how the Zoom! whitening system works:
- First, our dentist performs a complete dental exam, which highlights any dental problems that could prevent the system from working or that could damage your teeth. If no such conditions are found, then our dentist performs a teeth cleaning procedure, which primes the teeth for the application of the whitening gel.
- Our dentist then applies spacers and cheek spacers to prevent the cheeks or lips from coming into contact with the teeth so that the whitening gel does not harm the mouth's softer tissues.
- Then the teeth whitening gel is applied to your teeth. This gel contains a hydrogen peroxide solution that works as a bleaching agent. It is the active ingredient that bleaches the teeth.
- After the gel has been applied, our dentist focuses a bright ultraviolet light on the teeth. This light is a catalyst that causes oxygen to be produced through a chemical reaction within the gel. This oxygen permeates the upper layer of the teeth and bleaches them from within, eventually reaching the teeth's upper layers. The oxygen works to remove the stains that may be on and inside your enamel.
- After up to an hour, our dentist cleans away the gel and the procedure concludes.